- Candidates apply online via the website www.pac.ie.
- When you have accessed the site you should select 'Maynooth University' then 'Postgraduate Programmes' then 'Taught'.
- Enter the course code 'MHG60' and click 'Search'.
- The name of the programme will come up with a button 'Apply' to the left of it. Click on this button and register with the website to begin your application.
- Applications open on PAC in October of each year.
- There is an application fee (approx €50 but subject to change) which is paid directly to PAC. Page 3 of the application form provides more details.
- Note that the application may be done in stages – the system will recall your previous data entry, and allow you to modify it.
- During the application process you will be asked for a Personal Statement, this must detail your motivation for applying for this course, and may be used in the scholarship selection process. If you do not complete the Personal Statement your application will be considered incomplete. Students who wish to be considered for a scholarship should state this clearly at the beginning of their personal statement.
- You must have completed your application in full by the application deadline.
- All supporting documents MUST be either uploaded to the online applications system (PAC) or posted to the Postgraduate Applications Centre, 1 Courthouse Square, Galway, Ireland to arrive before the deadline. Required documentation can be scanned in and submitted to the PAC system (using “BROWSE” and “UPLOAD FILE”).
- You can only upload documentation after you have completed your application and paid the fee. Once you have paid the fee, you can upload your documents by going to “My Account” on the PAC site and clicking on the “Status” of your application and follow the instructions there.
How to apply for scholarships:
Apply as above by 6th April 2017. Applicants who obtain scholarships are typically, but not restricted to, those who have 1st class degrees from a university that is listed in the top 500 of the Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
Supporting documents that must be uploaded by the application deadline:
Copies of official transcripts of results for all qualifications listed in your application.
Transcripts of results in languages other than English should be accompanied by a translation into English PLUS a copy of the original certificate indicating the award.
Two letters of recommendation (at least one from the institution you have graduated/will graduate from)
Your CV (we recommend that you use the European Format: see http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ for details)
A copy of your Birth Certificate or valid Passport
A copy of your English Language Competency Certificate i.e. IELTS, TOEFL PBT, TOEFL IBT, or PTE (you must have one of these certificates if English is not your native language). Minimum English language requirements: IELTS: 6.5 minimum overall score / TOEFL (Paper based test): 585 / TOEFL (Internet based test): 95 / PTE (Pearson): 62. Maynooth University's TOEFL code is 8850.
Supporting documents that may be uploaded after the application deadline:
It is expected that most students will apply before they have completed their final examinations. Such applications will be assessed on their previous results, and may be offered a conditional scholarship. Students who are offered a conditional place must provide their final results and a copy of their diploma/full certified transcript by June 30th, and will be notified within 10 working days of final acceptance if they meet the conditions or rejection if they do not.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR STUDENT ENTRANTS:
* Acknowledgement of receipt of submission of application: 1 week (5 working days)
* Notification if application is ineligible: immediately after the eligibility check is complete
* Notification if application is successful: late April 2017
* Students must make a formal acceptance of their offer within 10 days of the offer being made
* Appeal deadline: 7 days after you receive the Notice of Decision
* The course starts in mid September, all students must be present on campus on the date given in their letter of offer. Late admission to the programme is not permitted.
If you have enquiries on the application procedure, or on filling in the form, please email email@example.com